What's new

Can you use your iphone as a mouse pointer?

EllisByron

Reaction score
Basically my trackpad on my laptop broke, so i need a replacement and wondering if i can use my iphone as the mouse pointer.

My phone isn't jailbroken, and my
Laptop isnt Bluetooth....

yeah theres a few apps that allow you to use your iphone or ipod touch as a mouse trackpad using Wi-Fi...

the only one that comes to mind without searching is "Mobile Mouse Pro" there might be a free version too i cant remember.

EllisByron said:
Basically my trackpad on my laptop broke, so i need a replacement and wondering if i can use my iphone as the mouse pointer.

My phone isn't jailbroken, and my
Laptop isnt Bluetooth....

I know for a fact you can. There is a thread on this sight advertising a mouse app for your iPhone. Turning your iPhone into a remote and mouse.

I think the thread is called "Total Control" or something like that. Not 100% on that. Or you could simply search I. The AppStore.

I know there are a lot of app that do this...se through Bluetooth, none of them are USB and most of them require you to install something and use WiFi to connect computer and iPhone as a mouse.

I have the app "Mobile Mouse Pro" ($1.99, USD) installed on my iPhone (and I have the iPad version installed on my, well, iPad) and they both work a treat. Obviously, both your computer and the iPhone have to be on the same WiFi network. And, you need to download a driver to your computer (so the "mouse" knows what to talk to).

There is free Lite version should you want to try it out...

Not intended as an endorsement ... just giving you an option.

Marilyn

Go to mobile mouse.com and look in the center column. Pick the download for your particular desk top system. You'll have to download it, then install it on your desktop...

Marilyn

Lol i figured that after i install the app but i found another one i like better called remote mouse... Its alot better!

I use Splashtop Touchpad. It and the server software that needs to run on your PC are free. Works wonderfully.

MarkDF said:
I use Splashtop Touchpad. It and the server software that needs to run on your PC are free. Works wonderfully.

One of my friends said about that app, i will give it a try