What's new

Can someone help me with this please?

Kerplunk990

Reaction score
okay, so here is my situation:

I downloaded A LOT of music and put it on my IPhone. Ok, good. However, I had to restore my pc and get a new harddrive because of HDD failure. Now, my music is gone but it is still on my iPhone. Now, I want to be able to add new music to my iPhone, but I'm afraid it will sync to iTunes and wip all the music i have on it already because i lost all the tracks on my pc. Is there anyway i can do this?

sorry if thisis a stupid question.

You can manually manage music etc on your iTunes and set it not to auto sync when hooking up your idevices.

Take a look in preferences and settings in iTunes.

Also the 'help' section in iTunes can guide you too.

As a learning curve I now do a backup of my music to a pen drive as that happened to me too.

I know it's a bit of a pain backing up buts it's more of a pain to have to re download your music or rip it off CDs again. Obviously any purchased tracks via iTunes will be in your purchased section and saved.

You can manually manage music etc on your iTunes and set it not to auto sync when hooking up your idevices.

Take a look in preferences and settings in iTunes.

Also the 'help' section in iTunes can guide you too.

As a learning curve I now do a backup of my music to a pen drive as that happened to me too.

I know it's a bit of a pain backing up buts it's more of a pain to have to re download your music or rip it off CDs again. Obviously any purchased tracks via iTunes will be in your purchased section and saved.

Solid advice.
Also, If you are jail broken, you can retrieve the tunes to the computer from the iPhone and put them on your new HDD with your new music.