What's new

Can iPhone 5 make folders and let you delete pics?

pwestbrooks

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have attempted to make folders to help organize my photos on my phone but every time I attempt to delete the picture (outside of the folder) it deletes the picture (same) in the folder too!

Is it possible to have folders on my iphone that can simply hold my photos rather than link thumbnails/shortcuts to the main picture? I kind of what it to be like windows explorer where I can keep individual pictures inside folders.

If this can be done, how can I sink the folders from my iphone to my windows computer? For now I have been using the import function rather than syncing with itunes.. since the windows import only adds my recently taken photos/videos.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Sorry I am such an iPhone noob :)

P.S. Do any of you use iphone tracking apps or websites? If so what is a good one? I heard "lost my iphone" is a good app.

You would probably have to do this manually using applications like iFunBox or iExplorer. You would have to root to the photo/video directories, make your folders, and put your photos in each folder. There might be conflicts where you can't open it, but as far as I know, it should be something like the "Camera Roll" folder and the other folders that shows up when selecting your background image.