What's new

Can I update to 5.1.1 and jailbreak from iOS 4.2.1?

sony007

Reaction score
I've got an iPhone 4 (GSM) on 4.2.1 which is already jailbroken. How do I go about updating it to 5.1.1 and jailbreak it as well if possible? The reson for this is I've noticed apps like Whatsapp are no longer running on this firmware and other apps are asking for a more newer firmware.

Open up Cydia, and on the top of the main screen, check to see if you have iOS 5.1.1 listed on the very top in the list of iOS. The iOS that are listed there are the ones that you can upgrade/downgrade to. If it's not listed there, and you did not manually save them using TinyUmbrella or RedSn0w, there is no way to upgrade to a selective iOS that's not being signed such as iOS 5.1.1, and your only option is to upgrade to the latest iOS, which is 6.0.1. There is no bypass, no workaround, no hack, no glitch, no backdoor, no sharing of blobs, no downloads, no exports, no imports, etc etc that can bypass the mandate of SHSH blobs when upgrading or downgrading to an iOS that is no longer being signed.

There is no bypass, no workaround, no hack, no glitch, no backdoor, no sharing of blobs, no downloads, no exports, no imports, etc etc that can bypass the mandate of SHSH blobs when upgrading or downgrading to an iOS that is no longer being signed.
Pretty much covered all the possible SHSH questions there didn't ya... LOL!!!