What's new

Can I unblock my Spanish iphone 4s?

jcgrv

Reaction score
Hi

I have just returned back to the UK from Spain and have an iPhone 4s with Vodafone ES (still under contract)
I thought I could just insert a Vodafone UK sim card in it, contract or pay as you go, as I'm not returning back to Spain, but have since realised it's not as easy as that! I have contacted Vodafone in Spain and they advised me that they can unblock the phone but I would have to pay 500 euros as the phone is still within the 18 month contract. I went to my local Vodafone store here in the UK, and they advised me that they couldn't unblock the phone as it's not a UK phone.
Is there a way around this without jailbreaking as the phone is still under warranty?

Please help!

Regards

JC

Factory Unlock would be ideal.... to go any other route will require a jailbreak.... FYI a jailbreak can be easily reversed with a Restore in iTunes for warranty purposes...

Bula said:
Factory Unlock would be ideal.... to go any other route will require a jailbreak.... FYI a jailbreak can be easily reversed with a Restore in iTunes for warranty purposes...

Thanks for the reply, how do I go about doing a Factory Unlock??

Thanks for the reply, how do I go about a Factory Unlock??

Apologies... by factory unlock I'm referring to Vodafone Spain to unlock iPhone.... obviously this may not be ideal....there are on-line unlock services that supposedly will permanently unlock phone for a fee.... some are scams but some are for real....do your homework before buying a service...

Bula said:
Apologies... by factory unlock I'm referring to Vodafone Spain to unlock iPhone.... obviously this may not be ideal....there are on-line unlock services that supposedly will permanently unlock phone for a fee.... some are scams but some are for real....do your homework before buying a service...

Thanks

jcgrv said:

Still here! .... I have jail broken my phone using Absinthe and have just tried inserting my UK sim card and a message comes up saying "Activation Required" (when phone is in lock screen) and when I unlock it it says "only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the sim card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement sim card" ..... This is the same message that used to come up before the jail break! Does this mean it has been jail broken but not IMEI unlocked??