What's new

Can I switch sims from 4s to 5?

iamamandalove

Reaction score
I have verizon and plan on getting a 5 on a third line. But I like to keep my number also. Is there a way I can switch the sims?

iamamandalove said:
I have verizon and plan on getting a 5 on a third line. But I like to keep my number also. Is there a way I can switch the sims?

just read an article on BBC site saying you can swap your sim no charge at your carriers store.

The iPhone 4S and 4 on Verizon do not use a SIM.

To transfer your current number to a new phone on Verizon, you have 3 options.

1) Go to a store and have it done in 10 minutes.
2) Call 611 and have a service rep do it.
3) Use Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless, login as the primary account holder and activate the phone. This is the fastest option. Usually can be done in under 3 minutes.

I was worried I wasn't gonna be able to switch numbers. Glad it is possible where I can have my cake and eat it too. Lol

You can also log onto "My Verizon" and switch phones.

You just need to activate the iPhone 5 on the new line, log on, use the "Switch Device" option and choose the two lines and it'll do it for you.

SIM cards are different sizes on iPhone 4S and 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rubicon09 said:
SIM cards are different sizes on iPhone 4S and 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As Skull stated above... the Verizon iPhones do not use SIM cards. But yes, GSM iPhones have different SIM cards between the 4S & 5.