What's new

can apple track my stolen iphone4? :(

J-nine4

Reaction score
i had my phone for about a month and someone stole it and i bought it online from apple not from bell......i didnt get the protection plan so i think im screwed but can apple atleast track it or nething? i know the serial number and what not :(

Unfortunately once your sim is removed it's gone..... Also, very few protection plans include theft.

Hi,

I noticed this thread and sympathise with you on the loss of your phone.
I must say it was something that concerned me on purchasing such an expensive and sought after gadget.

Because of this I installed an app called "Find my iPhone"
Now I'm new to all this app stuff so I may have misunderstood the review but as I understand it, this app (through mobileme?) allows Apple to pinpoint your phone or "wipe" the OS making it useless to the thief.

Obviously you didn't have such an app installed but it might be something to consider if you replace your phone or for others to consider.

Maybe some of the more tech type guys out there can let us know if this app is as useful as the review implies.

Bertie

i had my phone for about a month and someone stole it and i bought it online from apple not from bell......i didnt get the protection plan so i think im screwed but can apple atleast track it or nething? i know the serial number and what not :(

As others have noted. the "Find My iPhone" app is available, but you must have iOS 4.2 or later to install it. I got my iPhone about the time you did and mine came with iOS 4.1 (thankfully!!).

Nevertheless, in your case, this is all moot. So sorry about the loss of your fine phone.

yeah im going to try and do everything i can for my next iphone4 lol ill def look up this app! i wish i was more cautious the first time around!