What's new

Can a person access my phone's photos this way?

John Sch1

Reaction score
Hi there guys!

Out of curiosity, would a person be able to access my iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1.2) photos through bypassing the lockscreen via manipulating Siri or somwthing and getting into my contacts, and then connect my phone to a computer.

My question is: Would a message popup saying "Trust this computer. Your settings and data will be accessible from this computer when connected. Trust or Don't Trust" after a person gets into my contacts without unlocking the phone? If a message like that does occur and the person clicks on "trust", would they be able to access my photos?

Thank you so much

-John

If you allow Siri to have access from your lock screen you may be allowing acces to areas of your iPhone. I locked my phone and then asked Siri if someone could get access to my photos thru her. She opened my Photos app.

If you allow Siri to have access from your lock screen you may be allowing acces to areas of your iPhone. I locked my phone and then asked Siri if someone could get access to my photos thru her. She opened my Photos app.

I'm 99% sure they haven't accessed my photos through Siri directly. I'm afraid that they would have manipulated Siri to open up the contacts. Then, they would connect my phone to a computer and access the photos that way by clicking "Trust computer" while they're on my contacts and without having to enter a password. Would this scenario be possible?

I tried that and Siri told me that I needed to unlock my phone before she could fulfill the request. I'm on an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4.

I'm 99% sure they haven't accessed my photos through Siri directly. I'm afraid that they would have manipulated Siri to open up the contacts. Then, they would connect my phone to a computer and access the photos that way by clicking "Trust computer" while they're on my contacts and without having to enter a password. Would this scenario be possible?
Have you tried this yourself? I seriously doubt that a computer could make a connection with the phone locked.

I tried that and Siri told me that I needed to unlock my phone before she could fulfill the request. I'm on an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4.
Are you saying that Siri, who loves to argue with me, just caved to me? Wow. Lol. Remind me of this if I ever complain about Touch ID. Apparently I have too many fingers registered and it needs a lighter touch than I thought.