What's new

Camera shutter sound

J

jpcamaro70

I just searched the net to remove the camera shutter sound. I was so surprised to find that you need an app and need to trick the phone into not playing it.

Is this right? Apple in all it's mightiness won't allow you to remove the sound separately from the rest of the phone? To me this seems like a basic program and SHOULD be easily removed, it was easily removed on every other phone i've used.

Or is there something that i just can't find?

You can take a picture with no shutter sound. Simply flip the switch on the side of the phone to mute. If that isn't a viable solution then you will have to modify the phone beyond factory specification.

Isn't the OP the person that was complaining in another post about taking pictures and have his wife complain? lol
Sounds like he's looking for more trouble.

haha. Yeah that's me.

No trouble here! I've learned the art of not getting caught..... It's called not doing it!!!!!

You gotta understand, I'm coming from a droid where everything was workable/modifiable, and i keep finding things that make me go: "huh, why'd they do that"

sounds like the droid was better for you then.

Apple may not have all the capabilities yet to do the things others can because of the operating system. It may not be Why did they do that , more like they may not have the availability to do that safely

The iphone is much better than the droid, but like i said, it's stupid little things that are driving me nuts.

Kind of like German cars, they are the best, but you are always saying "why'd they do that".

Do you know if that is the only way to shut off the shutter sound?

There have been privacy issues in places there should not be cameras. Therefore they try to keep you from shutting off the shutter sound.

When using my blackberry there is a free tweak to shut the sound off for good and turn it on again, it was a free app :)