What's new

Caller id announcement

kaylaqnln

Reaction score
Have the iPhone 4. On my old phone I had a caller announcement feature that would tell me the name of the person or the phone number that is calling or texting. Is there something like that for the iPhone 4? I have looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find that option.

Iannounce or calltel from cydia will do the job for your 4!

What Ios do jou have?
I have 5.0.1 and the CallerID-Format Fix Io... from Cydia does the job perfectly.

I have the newest version. I have looked for the apps that have been recommended and it seems that you have to jailbreak your phone to get them and I don't want to do that

I have the newest version. I have looked r the apps that have been recommended and it seems that you have to jailbreak your phone to get them and I don't want to do that

Well I can't help you on that and yes I have jailbreaked I4 because it gives you a lot more posibilities and fun..... but ok that's why we have choices

I just read this and downloaded the app iannounce! what a cool app - it fills in the gap I was missing from my previous phone....SWEET!

horserae said:
What is jailbrake

All jailbreaking does is install an application.

The application is Cydia.

That is basically what jailbreaking is: the installation of the Cydia application.

Installing Cydia causes no problems.

It's the tweaks you can install from Cydia that have the potential to cause problems.

But it's all common sense. People just install stuff that is not compatible with they're device or iOS version...it messes up the device, and they blame the jailbreak...but really it's because they didn't read into a package before installing it.

All you have to do is NOT install anything that does not specifically say that it is compatible with your iOS version...and your good. Some people just don't pay attention or just don't want to read a little extra on a package they may want to install.