What's new

caller ID announce name

dbuchanan114

Reaction score
Is there a way to set up a name announcement with caller ID when someone calls so you dont have to look at the phone when someone calls. Thanks in advance. I have verizon iphone 4

Heuu. I have no idea if voice control or any app in the store can do that or not, but i think no. U can archieve this by jailbreaking your device, and apply costomed contacts name ringtones to each one of your contacts using profile or contacts apps from cydia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wanted to go to the trouble, you could record a custom ringtone for each contact that you wanted to announce. Assign each custom ringtone to the corresponding contact. No jailbreak required.

If you wanted to go to the trouble, you could record a custom ringtone for each contact that you wanted to announce. Assign each custom ringtone to the corresponding contact. No jailbreak required.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if its jailbroken check cydia for an app called iannounce from bigboss repo, it announces the name of the called based on what they are store under and plays the ringtone after it announces the callers name.