What's new

Call Forwarding (relocated from iPhone help)

Bacchus

Reaction score
Evidently I posted my thread in the wrong forum. I posted it in iPhone Help but it seems no one looks there. I'll try it here:

I have an iPhone 5S with IOS 9.3.1. I recently bought a new (to me) car that has a built-in phone and its own phone number.

In a perfect world, I'd be able to enter the car's phone number as the number to forward calls to and then all I'd have to do for hands-free driving would be to switch it on or off as needed. I can't envision ever needing to forward a call to some other number - not with my lifestyle, anyhow.

The problem is, though, that I can enter the number in advance and when I happen to check on it in a few hours or days the number is no longer there. Is there something I should be doing to ensure that the entered number remains entered? Some button to push to 'lock it in'? I don't want to buy a 'hands-free' device (the car isn't new enough to have Bluetooth) if I can make this work.

Thanks for any info anyone can pass along on this....

I've deleted your first post on this topic so as to eliminate any possible confusion brought about by two threads on the same topic.

Thanks, scifan57. I was goi g to ask that someone do that but I figured it would happen without me clouding up the issue. ;)

Well, it appears no one has any ideas or opinions regarding my question/problem. I'll give it another day - if no one can offer any help I'll just give it up and buy a clip-on hands free phone device.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.... :)