What's new

what is the best bluetooth car kit for use with iphone 4?

inksane

Reaction score
i am looking to buy a bluetooth car kit to use in my work truck, but i am having trouble finding out what one is the best one. i drive a cement mixer, so it is pretty loud in the cab of the truck so i need one with noise cancelling, also i would like to be able to import my contacts to the bluetooth kit so that when i receive a call it tells me who is calling by name and not just the number. the reason i am asking about the Bluetooth kit is that we are not allowed to talk on our phones at work, but if i had the thing that clips on my visor nobody would even know that i was even on the phone while driving.

I assume you can't even use a headset. If you can use a headset, I suggest the blueparrot roadwarrior, works great in trucks. I drive truck and that is the best Bluetooth headset for noisy environments. If you can't even use a headset, I would suggest the cobra Bluetooth headset, it is a cb that will connect to your phone via Bluetooth.

The ones that clip to your sunvisor will be ok for you to hear, but person your talking to will have trouble hearing you in a truck, I have tried several.

I can't use a headset. I have a jawbone headset but if I get caught I can loose my job on the spot if they wish. That's why I was thinking of the visor type one because there is nothing that can tell I am talking on the phone.

Do you run a CB in your truck, get the cobra Bluetooth cb. I just don't see the visor one working very good. Verizon has one for $100 by motorola that will transmit over your radio speakers. You can try it for a week and if it don't work out you can return it within 14 days. Worth a shot, works good in a car but a car is quieter then a truck.

Bonus of motorola one if it works, you can also listen to your music or slacker radio from your phone thru the FM transmitter.

no our trucks don't run cb radios, we have a 2 way radio that works long range to get a hold of dispatch all over the city, but no cb radio, if i had a cb in there i would totally buy that cobra cb with bluetooth.