What's new

Call App

Rudie

Reaction score
Hi,

Im after an app that lets family numbers through when the phone is on silent.
I have tried MyProfile in Cydia, but that always blocks Private numbers. I created a Family group and white-listed it. which worked, but not with private numbers.
Basically i want family calls coming through, but other calls controlled by whether my phone is on silent or not.

I think you need to do as I did and tell people that I don't answer calls where the caller ID is blocked. No one that I know uses private numbers any more.

That's the first step. Second thing is to wait and see if profiles are finally in iOS 6.

I use an AppStore app called YouMail (use a jailbreak tweak to remove the voicemail tab from the Phone.app).

YouMail is awesome.

You can create your own greetings of coarse...but I like theirs.

I have mine set so when a blocked number calls me...the caller here's this:
"we're sorry..this number does not except blocked calls" and the call ends.

When someone manually blocks the number (dialing *67 before dialing my number), they here this message:
"we're sorry. This number will not except blocked calls. Please unlock your number and try again".

You set custom greetings for particular contacts.

You can save voicemails from the YouMail app, upload them, email them to friends. Even post them on Facebook, Twitter, should you get an amusing voicemail you want to share.

It's just awesome...

And unlike the Phone.app,..Visual Voicemail is available on data and wifi. Where as the stick visual voicemail can only be used though your data from your data plan.

Has folders you can save voicemails to,..can create folders to store them. Deleted messages are archived into the trash folder...in case you want to listen to a deletes message. And you can swipe to delete voicemails in the Trash folder to delete them permanently.

YouMail also has a website that gives way way more options and features to better customize your visual voicemail.

The best part is that it's free. Tho they sometime send you emails asking to subscribe to transcription. Where your emails are transcribed into txt you can read. But I don't use that...it costs money. Tho they let you use it for free for a little while.

Thanks guys. But main problem is that all calls from work come in as witheld. So i need these to come through - only during social hours though.

Zig, i cant find that app in AppStore! All I get when i search for youmail is:

VoiceMail Inbox
YouMagic

This youmail is not in the app store and when u download It from Cydia u can't fine it on ur iPhone 4S

johner07 said:
This youmail is not in the app store and when u download It from Cydia u can't fine it on ur iPhone 4S

Yes it is.

Type "YouMail" without quotes.

And the Cydia tweak does not install an application on your SpringBoard. It replaces the visual voicemail tab with a YouMail visual voicemail tab. But this tweak has not worked ever since iOS 5. There has never been an iOS 5 update for it.

I just searched in the AppStore and 2 apps showed up. YouMail and YouMail, Inc. They are both the same exact app.

Rudie said:
Thanks guys. But main problem is that all calls from work come in as witheld. So i need these to come through - only during social hours though.

Zig, i cant find that app in AppStore! All I get when i search for youmail is:

VoiceMail Inbox
YouMagic

Are you in the US?

If you live outside the United States then that is probably why.

zig9449 said:
Yes it is.

Type "YouMail" without quotes.

And the Cydia tweak does not install an application on your SpringBoard. It replaces the visual voicemail tab with a YouMail visual voicemail tab. But this tweak has not worked ever since iOS 5. There has never been an iOS 5 update for it.

I just searched in the AppStore and 2 apps showed up. YouMail and YouMail, Inc. They are both the same exact app.

Hi mate I live in Ireland and I am looking for a app that will tell the caller that I do not answer withheld numbers but I just can't fine one at all