What's new

Calendar missing dates

M.Woods.329

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm on iOS 8.4 and no I can't update due to software I must have at work.
Has anyone seen or know a way to correct missing dates and full months in the calendar app? I tried taking every app off and resetting everything, removing all linked mail/calendar accounts. That still did not fix it.
91be5cd33586186ad2c6c8bc7e779e44.jpg

e332ae80966152f7cde53dbada86b557.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I'd suggest you back up your iPhone and do a full restore, but that would update it to iOS 9.3.2.
Did you try resetting all settings? How about restarting the iPhone by pressing and holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPhone to restart.

If nothing works, you may just have to live with the corrupted calendar app since you can't use the one solution that will almost certainly fix the problem; restoring the iPhone.
You could try a third party calendar app, if you can find one that does what you need.

Yep, tried all of that.
The only third party calendar app that seems to work is Moleskin; which doesn't make sense since it only pulls in the calendar.app. It doesn't make its own connections with the calendars.

Is there any way your business could modernize its software to be compatible with iOS 9? What happens when the old iPhones on iOS 8.4 break and can't be replaced because of the old iOS requirement? Eventually your employers will be forced to update because more of the company iPhones will develop problems over time.

They have a cache of phones with all of their software preinstalled. I have no doubt we'll change soon, but they're always very cautious about anything new.

Software can be installed on new iPhones. Your situation means that any company iPhone requiring a restore is no longer usable because of your companies iOS 8.4 requirement.

I understand what you're saying; but I'm not here to debate the choices made by an organization that I have no control over. I'm just here to find out if there is a way to fix my calendar within the bounds of what I am able to do to it.

I believe that the only way to get the calendar app on your iPhone working again is to restore your iPhone. I do not believe that there are any ways to fix it without a restore.

I'm missing something. You fail to state WHAT dates you are missing. The calendar spread is from Dec 2015 thru Sep 2016, since it shows May 21 (2016) as your current day.

I'm missing something. You fail to state WHAT dates you are missing. The calendar spread is from Dec 2015 thru Sep 2016, since it shows May 21 (2016) as your current day.

Look at the months

Ok, this may or may not be what you need but it's an easy check. On your device (iPhone) Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendar>Sync. Check that you have All Events check marked. Hth

Ok, this may or may not be what you need but it's an easy check. On your device (iPhone) Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendar>Sync. Check that you have All Events check marked. Hth

Thanks, but already tried that.