What's new

BuddyTV Launches Guide App

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8troUHvNGEc&feature=player_detailpage"]BuddyTV Guide App - Comic-Con 2011 App - YouTube[/ame]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BuddyTV has today launched a brand new iPhone and iPad app called BuddyTV Guide, which turns your iPhone or iPad into a TV remote control. The guide knows what you want to watch, and even changes to the right channel with a tap, as well as playing Netflix videos, also with a tap. The app will even let you know if there’s an HD version of a program that you like, and if it’s a new episode or a repeat. You can use the app to highlight your favourite, most-watched channels, so that it will then only show you those channels first of all to save you scrolling through the listings guide. [/FONT]

Andy Liu, CEO of BuddyTV, explains, "To me, the BuddyTV Guide app is a must have app that I use daily now. In fact, the app knows that I like to watch the Seattle Mariners game, and recommends it to me whenever they are on TV. I can then tap on the game right on my iPhone, and before I even open the door to my condo, the game is already on my TV. It has truly changed the way I consume entertainment."
[FONT=&quot]Note that the app only works in the US, of course, as it refers to the US TV schedules. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Click here to download the free app: BuddyTV Guide: TV listings, recommendations and remotes for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]BuddyTV