What's new

Booting in DFU mode?

Viy

Reaction score
Is there any way at all to boot my iPhone 4S iOS 7.1 in DFU mode?

Oh yeah, and my power button is broken -.-

I just get ISPW is not supported message?

You're doing something wrong then. Here's a premade iPhone4,1_7.1 DFU IPSW made using the same procedure. Just Shift/Command + Click Restore in iTunes and point it to it.

You're doing something wrong then. Here's a premade iPhone4,1_7.1 DFU IPSW made using the same procedure. Just Shift/Command + Click Restore in iTunes and point it to it.

I managed to get that DFU working thank you! But when I restore with that DFU mode ISPW it just give me the error saying it cannot restore and the number at the end is (37)?
What shall I do from there?

Last edited:
Read the thread. That's the point of the DFU IPSW..... All it's supposed to do is place your device into DFU mode by interrupting the LLB sequence during an actual restoration procedure. When you get the iTunes error, your device will be in DFU mode, after which you can select the clean 7.1 IPSW that houses the actual firmware and not a modified bundle so that you can actually unarchive it and install using iTunes.

Read the thread. That's the point of the DFU IPSW..... All it's supposed to do is place your device into DFU mode by interrupting the LLB sequence during an actual restoration procedure. When you get the iTunes error, your device will be in DFU mode, after which you can select the clean 7.1 IPSW that houses the actual firmware and not a modified bundle so that you can actually unarchive it and install using iTunes.

Ah I apologies. My intentions were to enter DFU mode and downgrade my iPhone to iOS 7.0.6 and jailbreak my iPhone. Is this possible? I read somewhere that entering DFU mode will allow me to do so. S
Sorry, I am not the best at this sort of thing. I know probably the basics!

Thank you for your help thus far.

It's not possible to downgrade on the 4S and above publicly, regardless of blobs/APTickets availability. There are no open exploits to take advantage of to do so

Sent from my iPad using Tapa