What's new

Bon Jovi Blames Steve Jobs For Destroying The Magic

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
jon-bon-jovi.JPG

Long time artist Bon Jovi holds Steve Jobs responsible for destroying the music industry. He claims that with all of these new song previews, lack of a physical album, etc. is destroying the "magic" of buying an album. Back then you would walk into a store and choose an album because it looked interesting, among other things, and now you can just preview every song on iTunes. Jovi had this to say to Sunday Times Magazine

"Kids today have missed the whole experience of putting the headphones on, turning it up to 10, holding the jacket, closing their eyes and getting lost in an album; and the beauty of taking your allowance money and making a decision based on the jacket, not knowing what the record sounded like, and looking at a couple of still pictures and imagining it. God, it was a magical, magical time. I hate to sound like an old man now, but I am, and you mark my words, in a generation from now people are going to say: ‘What happened?’. Steve Jobs is personally responsible for killing the music business."

Now what he says does make sense in his perspective an possibly to many others, but the world does change around us. Steve Jobs cannot be the sole reason the music industry is different now. We might as well be stuck in an Internet-less world.

What do you all think?

Source:*Jon Bon Jovi slams Steve Jobs for 'killing' music - MSN Music News

He's got a point, but if it wasn't steve jobs and iTunes it would be something else...

I'm sorry but I'm so thankful I can now pick and choose songs to get from itunes and not get stuck buying an entire album which consists of like 5-10 songs that are just plain crappy and were shoved on there as stuffers. Or tracks of Eminem's voicemails LOL .. thank good for itunes pick and buy!!

Steve Jobs isn't the one making crap music. I'm glad I can just get the songs I want.

I'm an old head, and I love iTunes, I can pick out the songs I want and leave the crap out that I don't want....sounds like Bon Jovi wants some of Steve money....:p

bon jovi is an idiot .. jobs did no such thing. how long where people downloading mp3 long before there where good legal alternatives. itunes did a great job bringing music into the future instead of having to have a tone of cds that scratch you can have 1000's of GB''s of tunes and listen to them.

i bet if bon jovi had his way we would all be listening to rally old cassetes .. some people just hate change and rather the old stuff

I don't buy albums and hardly buy anything off itunes either It is a rip off. The music industry has had it far too good as has the film and tv industry. Songs should be 10c, as should tv shows and movies 50c to buy. I refuse to pay b bucks as if I had rented the movie at the shop. The industry has only itself to blame for the massive increase in "illegal" downloads. Instead of pricing content sensibly they persist with an outdated system using the law to police the whole situation. If people could buy content at the above prices the income for the all involved with quadruple. But try and tell them that. I don't want to buy madona another house or bon jovi another limo!

I don't buy albums and hardly buy anything off itunes either It is a rip off. The music industry has had it far too good as has the film and tv industry. Songs should be 10c, as should tv shows and movies 50c to buy. I refuse to pay b bucks as if I had rented the movie at the shop. The industry has only itself to blame for the massive increase in "illegal" downloads. Instead of pricing content sensibly they persist with an outdated system using the law to police the whole situation. If people could buy content at the above prices the income for the all involved with quadruple. But try and tell them that. I don't want to buy madona another house or bon jovi another limo!

big bugs? 99 cents is nothing? instead of walking or driving to the store spending cash on the parking..etc not being lazy enough to have to go to the store is enough to make me rather buy from itunes..

but some people wouldent buy it even if it was 1 cent a song simply because they have that free illegal option there...

there are also plenty of other ways you can buy music ordering it online having the cd in the post if you rather that im sure some bigger stores like hmv will do delivery now wont they?

there simply is not enough choice and itunes has all the customers.. its far from apples fault they are practically the only legit place online to download the songs. and most ppl are lazy and cant be assed to have a tone of cds that just sit there and then you need cd changers and they get scratched and screw that,,, i rather have a tone of mp3 on my iphone/ipod/idevice in the thousands..

cds are growing as old as cassete tapes now.. cds are good for apps only i think now, i would never again buy another music cd.. mp3s is the future

more companies should follow itunes so that itunes is forced to lower prices for ppl like you that dont want to pay 99cents per song.. if they all had an option to download mp3s on their site for cash like 30-40 cents but then itunes has to pay the artists and so on and what are they left with in the end? i think any less and they make nothing..

Last edited: