What's new

Bluetooth problems with new iPhone 4S

gatormyk

Reaction score
Since getting my new iPhone 4S with AT&T Wireless, I have tried three different BT headsets in this order:

Jawbone Era
Jawbone Icon HD
Plantronics Voyager Pro HD

I experience problems with each and return them thinking there is a problem with the headsets. I'm now on the Plantronics experiencing issues and I'm starting to think that maybe the problem really is with the iPhone 4S. With the two Jawbones, I experienced odd electronic noises when the Jawbone Noise Assassin feature is turned on. Additionally, I would hear the voice of the person I'm talking to on the other end simply cut out from time to time. They would mention that they would hear a "white noise" kind of sound when that happened. I would also notice sound quality suffering when I use data during a phone call. With the Plantronics, it seems that the headset would lose connection to the phone especially when I wasn't using it... sometimes the headset would simply turn off even with plenty of battery charge left, and sound quality suffers when I use data while on a call. Also, the battery life for the Plantronics is simply terrible. It is supposed to have 5 hour talk time and 5 day standby. It doesn't even come close to either.

Is anyone else experiencing BT problems with their iPhone 4S? Or with these particular headsets, as well?

Gatormyk

Same problem here. People on the other end can't hear me. I can hear them.

My problem with bluetooth is a little different as I am not using a headset. I have a similar issue however. I can hear my call partner very clearly over the internal car speaker but they cannot hear me. Sometimes when I press speaker on the phone screen and then car media they begin to hear me. Sometimes I have to hang up and call back

I had the jawbone Era, it was crystal clear on calls both recieving and sending transmission. I had a couple of problems with it. 1 when i recieved a text message my phone and Era failed to notify me of a new message. I had to disable A2DP on the Era. The second problem was when i am driving down the road and i access siri via bluetooth, and told siri to call a number for me, for example i would say "Siri call home" It would make the call, and i would lose audio when siri made the call. I tired this several times and every time i would lose audio. I pluged in my wired set and told siri to make a call and it worked perfectly. I had to cripple the software in the jawbone era so much that i ended up returning it cause for $130.00 all i could do from the bluetooth set was recieve calles, to make a call i would have to dial from the phone then the jawbone Era would work fine but not from siri. I really don't think anything was wrong with the jawbone era cause i tired 2 of them and both of them worked the same. I think with Siri being a beta that the Iphone 4s and siri have not worked out all the bugs for using bluetooth yet. I'll just wait a while before i go bluetooth again.

Last edited:
I too use bluetooth headsets but I haven't faced any issues like this. I think you should consult at an Apple service center.

I have an iPhone 4S and just installed the newest software. Upon doing this I could no longer connect my phone to my Jaguar X car. This feature had worked perfectly and now the connection is denied, as when I have tried to pair my car with my iPhone it says the pin code which is provided by jaguar is no longer valid. The dealer said no changes were made.

Any thoughts?