What's new

Bluetooth Device Name

redbone79

Reaction score
Is there a way to rename the device I connect to through Bluetooth? I've looked for a long time to the solution to this "problem" I have. I have various speakers and devices that I connect to, and they all have strange "names" and it gets confusing when I am figuring out which is which with names like "PLT-53, GIQ-81."

Thanks!!!

Older devices were hard coded, some newer devices may - it depends on how 'smart' they are and if there is a way to enter the data

With some Bluetooth devices, if you tap the information Icon and you can change its name.

With some Bluetooth devices, if you tap the information Icon and you can change its name.

Can you do a screenshot of this, to explain what you mean please. I have 5 different items setup on this iPad and it would be a great idea, but nothing happens when l tap on the item/items if l tap on the circle it says forget this device.

73b00aae3c35c3336a573afd5b6ef7d9.jpg

Thanks In Advance

9062fe5b5fcce430b7fa1e0b59f11d76.png

I currently don't own anything that supports this feature. Unfortunately , it seems this feature is limited to smart-er devices. Such as a cars Bluetooth info-tainment system.

Thanks for the screenshot never seen anything like that before. Be a good idea though, sometimes the simplest of things make life easier, a little. I'm not whining though.