What's new

Blocked caller question

DaveM

Reaction score
I was wondering what the calling party gets when you've blocked their number from the iPhone. Does it just not ring at all? Do they get a message? Does it ring with no answer?

I would think the caller hears the call going out but it will just ring and ring.

I decided to give this a try by blocking my wife's phone number. When she called me my phone didn't ring, but on her end it went straight to voicemail. I had her leave a short voicemail message, but it never showed up in my voicemails.

I just discovered something by accident. Under my voicemails is a category folder called Blocked Messages. It contains messages from numbers that I've blocked, and include the test message from my wife from this afternoon. Never saw that before today. It's noteworthy that I didn't get a red notification that the voicemail was there. Apparently voicemail from blocked numbers don't show notifications.

Where is voicemail? I can't seem to find it.

When you open the phone app, it's at the bottom right hand corner.
image.jpeg

Is there a folder or place where blocked text messages go? A lot of androids will arcive a blocked text so you could view later.

Is there a folder or place where blocked text messages go? A lot of androids will arcive a blocked text so you could view later.
There's no such folder on an iPhone. If someone sends you a text message from a number you've blocked, it will never reach your phone and isn't stored anywhere. If you later unblock the number, text messages sent after you unblock the number will reach your phone and are stored in the messages app.

There's no such folder on an iPhone. If someone sends you a text message from a number you've blocked, it will never reach your phone and isn't stored anywhere. If you later unblock the number, text messages sent after you unblock the number will reach your phone and are stored in the messages app.

Well that sucks.

Thanks!