What's new

Block Texts from Number?

Brinaq

Reaction score
I need a free app that can block at Least one number for texts.
Calls can be blocked too.
Some Person got hold of my phone number an they are texting me some annoying (and insulting!) stuff.
I want to block them.
Also I have an iPhone 4 so I don't think it can be unlocked (as I've heard). So iBlacklist is off the list.
Thanks. I really think apple should have included this option built-in to the iPhone in the first place... But oh well.

I am interested on this too!! Does the iPhone have to be jailbroken for a good app that actually works??

I never heard this kind of software before. So if anyone can inform i also need this kind of software.

I need a free app that can block at Least one number for texts.
Calls can be blocked too.
Some Person got hold of my phone number an they are texting me some annoying (and insulting!) stuff.
I want to block them.
Also I have an iPhone 4 so I don't think it can be unlocked (as I've heard). So iBlacklist is off the list.
Thanks. I really think apple should have included this option built-in to the iPhone in the first place... But oh well.
you could just call your network provider and change your number,or simply buy a new sim card.

Last edited:
No. There is no such app unless your phone is jailbroken (which has nothing to do with being "unlocked" which is an entirely different thing).
you could just call your isp and change your number,or simply buy a new sim card.
Small correction, Poison Ivy: though I agree with your solution for the OP 100%, the term "ISP" has nothing to do with cell phones. An "ISP" = Internet Service Provider. And internet service providers don't deal in cell phones and cell phone numbers. "Cellular carriers" is the term I think you're looking for. ISP's deal in the service that comes to your house for computer connectivity to the Internet.

Last edited:
No. There is no such app unless your phone is jailbroken (which has nothing to do with being "unlocked" which is an entirely different thing). Small correction, Poison Ivy: though I agree with your solution for the OP 100%, the term "ISP" has nothing to do with cell phones. An "ISP" = Internet Service Provider. And internet service providers don't deal in cell phones and cell phone numbers. "Cellular carriers" is the term I think you're looking for. ISP's deal in the service that comes to your house for computer connectivity to the Internet.
youre right,blonde moment,i did of course mean the network provider and that is the best solution.

No. There is no such app unless your phone is jailbroken (which has nothing to do with being "unlocked" which is an entirely different thing). Small correction, Poison Ivy: though I agree with your solution for the OP 100%, the term "ISP" has nothing to do with cell phones. An "ISP" = Internet Service Provider. And internet service providers don't deal in cell phones and cell phone numbers. "Cellular carriers" is the term I think you're looking for. ISP's deal in the service that comes to your house for computer connectivity to the Internet.

I love the music piano man makes (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

I should also add to this thread - that, even when you jailbreak your phone, there is no app made that will block incoming texts. iBlacklist works beautifully for blocking phone calls from certain numbers. There's also no way to hide your own phone number (block your ID) when texting a person (as is 'fictitiously' shown as being possible in the TV series "Pretty Little Liars" with the protagonist "-A").

Last edited:
I love the music piano man makes (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte
lol,i would like to point out though that i do know what an isp is lol but thanks piano man for explaining it.

lol,i would like to point out though that i do know what an isp is lol but thanks piano man for explaining it.

I think we all know that ISP stands for Internet Service Provider. It's been here for some years now and as teenagers only talk in abbreviations then they'll know (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

i think we all know that isp stands for internet service provider. It's been here for some years now and as teenagers only talk in abbreviations then they'll know (laughs out loud)

iholophyte
omg lol,rofl.

If you are jailbroken there is a tweak called "KuaiDial" you can install from this repo: "kuaidial.googlecode.com/svn/deb/"

Without quotes of coarse.

Just install the KuaiDial tweak from that repo and it adds an ass load of options to your Phone.app.

Including black listing any number, and blacklisting calls and txt from the black list list.

Free too.

A tweak that is just not recognized enough. Tho that is probably because it is a Chinese repo. You will NOT find any "guide" for it in English. I look every couple months, but never find anything. All Chinese.

Tho everything within the tweak is in English if that is your phones default language.

If you are jailbroken there is a tweak called "KuaiDial" you can install from this repo: "kuaidial.googlecode.com/svn/deb/"

Without quotes of coarse.

Just install the KuaiDial tweak from that repo and it adds an ass load of options to your Phone.app.

Including black listing any number, and blacklisting calls and txt from the black list list.

Free too.
WOW! Great to know about, Zig! Thanks! I've been looking for a text blocking app FOREVER! (Though I'm sure this won't block 'your ID' when texting to another person)

it depends on your service provider. i have verizon an can block numbers by lpgging into my account on verizonwireless.com
But again - this doesn't work for texts. And since I have AT&T I hadn't learned this about Verizon. AT&T has no such option. :-(

pianoman said:
WOW! Great to know about, Zig! Thanks! I've been looking for a text blocking app FOREVER! (Though I'm sure this won't block 'your ID' when texting to another person)

No problem mate.

No i don't think it can block your ID.....that is a whole new ball park opposed to blacklist.

But there are Cydia apps that do that too.

it (Verizon's website blacklist setup) does indeed block texts.
Interesting.. ? Their write up on it doesn't seem to say that. I may be missing something. Thanks!
But there are Cydia apps that do that too.
I've tried two already that "claim" to block outgoing text ID - but they do NOT deliver. False advertising :-(. To date I've found none!

Last edited: