What's new

Black background for home screen

billwill

Reaction score
I have a picture of my granddaughter as my background but it's making app titles less readable. The only options I see under "Settings - Wallpapers & Brightness" are the one I mentioned and one showing the Earth from outer space. How can I get just a black or dark blue background? Thanks very much in advance.

I have a picture of my granddaughter as my background but it's making app titles less readable. The only options I see under "Settings - Wallpapers & Brightness" are the one I mentioned and one showing the Earth from outer space. How can I get just a black or dark blue background? Thanks very much in advance.
To get a black or dark blue wallpaper for your home screen all you have to do is photograph a black or dark blue flat surface and use that photo for your wallpaper. You can choose any photo in your camera roll as your wallpaper.

It is that simple. It's also as simple opening Safari and typing "dark blue wallpaper for iPhone" and saving the image by tapping and holding on it.

It is that simple. It's also as simple opening Safari and typing "dark blue wallpaper for iPhone" and saving the image by tapping and holding on it.
I just tried it on my iPad, here's the result. $image-3561005265.jpg