What's new

BiteSMS Problems

FactoryPlus

Reaction score
Hey guys Ive been getting this small problem with biteSM after I uninstalled it from my phone.

Everytime I get a text messege and click on it from my lockinfo screen while phone is Locked I get an error saying this - Unsupported URL This URL wasnt loaded:bitesms:+1 (then the phone number from wich I am receiving the message)

Thanks for the Help.

No problem with mine either. Have you tried uninstalling then installing from fresh?

No problem with mine either. Have you tried uninstalling then installing from fresh?

Yes I tried that already , Seems like nothing fixes this problem . As of right now I am using regular SMS since its giving me errors.

BiteSMS works fine on my iPhone 4S (with iOS 5.0.1).

Since nothing you have done fixes the issue, may I suggest you send a report/request for help to biteSMS? They have an active forum and an e-mail address for any issues. I know they are working on the new version (6.2), so maybe if you catch them in time, they can not only help you but also put the fix in the release.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and good luck in chatting with the developer.

Marilyn

kris34ish said:
Bitesms is not yet compatible with iOS 5.x if that helps any.

Where have you heard this? biteSMS has been iOS5 compatible since "before" iOS 5 was even officially released. Sounds like he has a cracked version of bite to me.

FactoryPlus said:
Yes I tried that already , Seems like nothing fixes this problem . As of right now I am using regular SMS since its giving me errors.

Try installing the latest beta version. Add this repo: cydia.bitesms.com

Install that biteSMS. I believe the latest is 6.2.10.

the only issue i had with bite sms was that everything was being sent as a text and not as a imessage and i didnt know how to change that

egobuster1 said:
the only issue i had with bite sms was that everything was being sent as a text and not as a imessage and i didnt know how to change that

Sometimes ya got wait for it to change. It actually is being sent as an iMessage, but shows it as a txt. This is fixed in version 6.2.10.