What's new

Better iDevice jailbroken? iPad 4 or iPhone 5?

Mysterion

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 32gb and I'm thinking of trading it for an iPad 4 32gb this weekend due to it's huge retina display. Which iDevice would be best to have since evasi0n iOS 6 untethered jailbreak is coming out very soon? Is the trade worth it?

Mysterion said:
I have an iPhone 5 32gb and I'm thinking of trading it for an iPad 4 32gb this weekend due to it's huge retina display. Which iDevice would be best to have since evasi0n iOS 6 untethered jailbreak is coming out very soon? Is the trade worth it?

Why don't you wait until the jailbreak is released, so you can try it out on your iPhone 5? That way you'll know what you're giving up by trading your phone for the iPad 4.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Evasi0n will support both devices. Whichever one is "better" is up to preference. You can walk into the sister iPadForums and claim that the iPhone 5 is better than the iPad 2+ and you'll get a wall of text from Marilyn, Leigh and several other mods. Yes the iPad has a retina display and a bigger screen, the iPhone 5 is more compact and has full phone features that the iPad does not by default. Tweaks and apps don't always work for both devices. The iPhone does have a more "default" support for tweaks and apps. The iPad is more "secondary" or they'll have their own unique versions of it. There are pros and cons on both side. I'm running 3 iPhones and 4 iPads and they all serve their own purposes.

Why don't you wait until the jailbreak is released, so you can try it out on your iPhone 5? That way you'll know what you're giving up by trading your phone for the iPad 4.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

because the guy wants to trade on saturday a day before the jailbreak is set to release.

The price point of buying each outright is very close. So, I don't think you're loosing out w/ either keeping your 5 or trading for the iPad 4. Like willerz stated above, though, the iP5 is going to have more JB "stuff" available than the iPad 4.

Plus I'm assuming the iPad 4 is a Wifi only, so you'll be stuck in a spot if you want internet connection unless you have a mobile hotspot, in which case, you might as well get a 4G iPad 4 while you're at it.

Plus I'm assuming the iPad 4 is a Wifi only, so you'll be stuck in a spot if you want internet connection unless you have a mobile hotspot, in which case, you might as well get a 4G iPad 4 while you're at it.

yeah the iPad is wifi only. I'm thinking of not trading after all.