What's new

best way to sync outlook and Iphone emails

wiseguy

Reaction score
I use Outlook 2010 (on my home and office PC) and my IPhone 4s daily to send and receive email. I have a small startup business that keeps me on the road part of the time. I need an inexpensive way to have all emails I send from my office PC to sync to my Iphone sent folder, and likewise to have all emails sent from my IPhone to sync to my Outlook sent folder on my PC. I'm sure there is a simple and cheap or free solution, which is why I'm here. I hope someone here can help. I could CC every email or BCC (for $0), but that seems like a waste of my inbox space. Thanks, Wiseguy

Last edited:
It should be available for view on your phone itself. As long as you sign into your Outlook-linked email account, you'll be able to view it directly on your phone.

That's what I'm seeking, but no email sent from either pc (outlook) shows up in my Iphone sent folders. I use yahoo, gmail, and several other email providers; none show up as I mentioned above. I don't have an exchange server, just web-based emails.

Thanks. I'll tinker with that this week to see if I can make it work. Please let me know if you are successful based on those instructions.

They should all be there. Go to your Mail.app, and on the top left, keep going all the way back to the root where it shows you all your accounts. Then scroll down to the bottom where it says Accounts, not the top where it says Inbox. Open up the Account i.e. [email protected], then it should break down all your folders for you, for Inbox, Outbox/Sent, Spam, Trash, VIPs, etc.

The "sent" folder on my phone will only show emails sent from my phone. It won't sync to show those same sent emails on a pc or other device. I've tried the advice in the link above and can't get it to work. It am guessing that "sent" email goes out through different servers and is not saved on a server, as incoming mail is. So, willerz you are saying that you have been able to achieve this? That if you have sent an email from your phone it will also show in the "sent" folder on your pc or other device? I haven't been able to do it with Gmail, Yahoo, nor Outlook.

Oh, well, I stand corrected. It will sync with Gmail and Yahoo! Huh.. But, can't get it to sync with Outlook.com

Last edited:
Geez! I am a total idiot! The problem is I have too many "throw away accounts! I have two Outlook accounts and I was getting them mixed up! LOL! So, yeah, you are right Will....they all sync with the sent folders! Outlook, Gmail, and Yahoo. Oye...sorry I opened my big mouth! LOL!

So, Wiseguy...don't listen to me! LOL!. But, you do have to have your Outlook account set up as an IMAP account for it to work.

Will, I checked the sent folder; no joy.

Upon further investigation, it turns out my main work email provider (network solutions) charges more per month for IMAP access. I only have POP access on that account. Someone else suggested forwarding my NS email to my gmail account, which can handle IMAP, then set up my gmail to appear to be my main NS email. I think I've wrapped my head around that chain of settings, and I'll at least give it a try. I thought I'd share this in case it helps someone else.

Thanks for your responses.