What's new

Best way to sell a "like new" iphone 4s?

Neubeehunhun

Reaction score
My iphone 4s' volume stopped working and I brought it to the genius bar for a replacement. And I was told the warranty has been expired by 1 day, 1 freaking day and they can't do anything about it. So I decided to pay 199 for a replacement, and now I have an unlocked iphone 4s in brand new condition, without factory packaging and seal.What is the best way to sell it?

I asked a friend working with tmobile and she said she will be trying to find people to buy it for around $400, and she told me I could sell it online. Any advises?

Thanks!

That would depend on the iPhone itself. If the volume is the only flaw, then it's pretty easy to fix in most cases. But that aside, how much and how you sell it would depend on the following:
  • GSM/CDMA native?
  • Current iOS?
  • If < iOS 6, do you have blobs saved?
  • Size of the 4S?
  • Does it come with a cable?
On Craigslist, if the buyer is looking to jailbreak, they'll be willing to pay the 400-500 for 16GB 4S that has blobs ready and available. 9 out of 10 carriers will only give you store credit for your device to use on a new device within that carrier. Most buyers will look for original packaging for it, so Craigslist buyers will be bugging you for original box and such since it's like new. You'll have to see in your area which method of selling is the most effective and the safest

There is no flaw anymore, they replaced the phone for me for 199. It's a brand new replacement unit without factory packaging and seal, still have the protective film wrapped.

It's GSM factory unlocked and running 6.0.1 no blobs. 16gb black.

I'm fighting inside debating if I should sell now and get an iphone 5. Or use it till 5s comes out and sell for whatever it is worth at that point.

Main reason I want the 5 is for LTE, which I won't be getting with StraightTalk anyways...though the new sleek design will definitely feel fresh and good. Money is another factor, price will probably drop a lot by the time 5s is about to be released, and the fact there's bound to be some sign of usage no matter how well I protect it.

Garhhhhhhh