What's new

Best time/place to sell your iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4

PennyK

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here.

With the iPhone 5 expected to come out this *Please search before posting links*

I will most likely be selling my iPhone. Just wondering is it better to sell it before or after iPhone 5 comes out ? Will the price vary alot ?

Also, where can I sell my iPhone without getting scam (darn EBay, pardon me) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
PennyK said:
Hey guys, new here.

With the iPhone 5 expected to come out this *Please search before posting links*

I will most likely be selling my iPhone. Just wondering is it better to sell it before or after iPhone 5 comes out ? Will the price vary alot ?

Also, where can I sell my iPhone without getting scam (darn EBay, pardon me) ?

It's good to sell it prior but with the imminent release of the iPhone 4S/5 I wouldn't count on dependable buyers. You can sell through eBay or Craigslist or maybe you can find a trade in program in your area.

Craigslist look shady. I wonder if there is a channel to sell fast and conveniently, just like buying something off amazon. That would help alot.

PennyK said:
Craigslist look shady. I wonder if there is a channel to sell fast and conveniently, just like buying something off amazon. That would help alot.

Yeah but I don't know of any other method besides word of mouth.

Did a random search and found Gazelle, have anyone tried it before ?

It's better to sell your iphone before iphone 5 comes out. But I don't think many people would buy an iphone 4 before iphone 5 comes out. So good luck!

Interesting observation:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Assuming that innovators + early adopters (16%) are those people going to sell iphone 4 before iphone 5 comes out. There will be lesser people selling iPhone 4 as compared to 34% of early majority that are going to sit and observe after iPhone 5 comes out then make a decision.

According to theory of supply and demands, i should really sell now lol, when the supply is lower.

Advice please :)

Did a random search and found Gazelle, have anyone tried it before ?

I've no personal experience, but I've heard awesome things about it. That is where I would go to sell....

Sell and Recycle Used Electronics - Gazelle

Ya I have seen people post good things about it. But i check their buying price for Apple stuff is super low. I think the catch is they offer 30days guarantee, which makes sense to buy things at a very low price. Not really ideal for people who want to sell now i guess.

Just got the four..had the three lol eventually I may jump for the five but no rush:) my guess there are many happy w the 4 so they will pay for one:)

PennyK said:
Interesting observation:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/diffusionofinnovation.png/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Assuming that innovators + early adopters (16%) are those people going to sell iphone 4 before iphone 5 comes out. There will be lesser people selling iPhone 4 as compared to 34% of early majority that are going to sit and observe after iPhone 5 comes out then make a decision.

According to theory of supply and demands, i should really sell now lol, when the supply is lower.

Advice please :)

I love mine so I think if u have extra iPhones or phones (I have one too many blackberries lol)
I'd sell it ;) can always buy another one;$

I keep my old iphone's just incase i break it or loose it. This way you have a back up until you get a new one and your not out a phone till the new one ship's.