What's new

Best Skins Ever Install Question

John88

Reaction score
So this is my third iPhone, I didn't want to spend another $30 on Invisible Shield and went with something cheaper, Best Skins Ever. I installed BSE on two iPhones. It's only been a couple of hours since installation, but they both have a lot of tiny tiny dots on the adhesive side in random areas of the skin. It doesn't look like air bubbles, and I did install em properly. Will it clear up as it cures? I ask because I don't remember Invisible Shield doing this, has me a bit worried.

Here are some pictures of it.

P1000340.jpg

P1000339.jpg

That might be the drying of the adhesive. The Invisishield made mine all rainbowy until it dried, and now in the right light you can see what has been called the orange peel lol I say give it about 24 hours so and check again. Might go away

Your problem is the dust , we have the same problem in the car window film, for avoid this problem we spray little water and alchool (like the products you buy everywhere)

All the film is nearly similar, the big difference is the glue they use, we made leather skin and we give for free film , so we know well this products

why woul;d you ever buy another invisible shield for the same phone??
it comes with a 5 year warrenty....5 YEARS

all the information to get a FREE REPLACEMENT is here
ZAGG | Frequently Asked Questions

if you dont have an old one to send back i think there is a one time option to get a replacement without sending one back.(ive never done it)
and you dont have to send the whole package contents back....just on side(assuming you got the full coverage)
just send in the back and keep the front if need be.

why woul;d you ever buy another invisible shield for the same phone??
it comes with a 5 year warrenty....5 YEARS

all the information to get a FREE REPLACEMENT is here
ZAGG | Frequently Asked Questions

if you dont have an old one to send back i think there is a one time option to get a replacement without sending one back.(ive never done it)
and you dont have to send the whole package contents back....just on side(assuming you got the full coverage)
just send in the back and keep the front if need be.

The first time I exchanged my iPhone, I forgot to take off the invis shield and didn't know zagg would replace that- since it was my fault for not taking it off before exchanging. I did e-mail them last friday asking if they can. They haven't replied, so I'm assuming it's a NO.

The second time I exchanged my iPhone, I did take it off and save it to send back to zagg which I did on monday. But thinking there is a long turnaround time for the replacement, I ordered BSE which came QUICK and my bro wanted a front/back protector aswell.

Are you still seeing the dots/bubbles? I've installed Invisibleshields quite a few times for friends & family and if the BSE install is anything like the Invisibleshield's (which I don't see why it wouldn't be) the dots are probably "micro-bubbles" from the adhesive. As it dries, they should go away. This usually takes about 24 hours, so things should be clearing up for you by now...

- David Z

Are you still seeing the dots/bubbles? I've installed Invisibleshields quite a few times for friends & family and if the BSE install is anything like the Invisibleshield's (which I don't see why it wouldn't be) the dots are probably "micro-bubbles" from the adhesive. As it dries, they should go away. This usually takes about 24 hours, so things should be clearing up for you by now...

- David Z

My bros cured very nicely within 24 hours. Mine is near 48 hours and a little bit has seemed to go away, but still very noticeable. It is not dust or bubbles for sure. It's like tiny dots on the adhesive/glue. The back skin on mine is clear, just having issues with the screen skin. Yeah IS and BSE is the exact same install procedure. The material they use seems to be the same too, except BSE has a bit less rubbery feeling and less orange peel. BSE also has very precise fitment, which I like. It fits edge to edge and the home button cut is perfect, unlike IS which has a big ring of no skin around the home button. I like the rubbery tacky feeling and orange peel so it doesn't bother me. Anyways I like both the same, just comes down to price I guess.

I can recall one IS that I installed taking longer than normal to cure, but most actually took less than 24 hours. It's possible that you simply got a bad BSE that has too much adhesive. Personally, I'd give it another day or two and if it doesn't clear up I'd look into getting a replacement one.

- David Z