What's new

best screen protector

Beware

Reaction score
I don't own the iphone 4 until next week, but what is better in terms of top of the line for screen protection? BodyGuardz or invisibleSHIELD? Plus I was always told to not put any kind of liquid on the phone, aren't both of these applied using a solution?

eBay has a xtreme Guard front and back for $3 shipped I ordered 2 should be Here any day but I read the comments and no complaints.

I like the invisibleSHIELD, it has lasted for 2 years on sons phone. I say that as the edges are starting to loose their ability to stick to the screen. Not a big deal if you keep it in a case. It is very resistant to scratches.
I use the cheep ones off of e-bay on my iPhone 3G and replace them every 6 months or so. But I got 10 of them for about a buck apiece.

I have a ZAGG invisible shield on the front of mine and a ZAGGskin on the back and they're both doing a great job before. The ZAGGskin took me about 10 seconds to put on and the front took a little longer. You definitely need some patience but its a great product.

get Invisible shield, and get a discount code by entering in the ipad giveaway so its like 15 dollars

I just got the invisibleShield and seems very nice but just waiting for it to dry completely. DO NOT get the AntiGlare ones, I bought the iFrogz and it sucked Really took away the beauty of the Retina display.

Another happy Zagg full body invisible shield user here. You can't beat it with their lifetime warranty. The package comes with a liquid spray solution and a squeegee. You wet your fingers to remove any dirt and oil and then you wet the shield before you apply it to the front and back.

I got mine from this site who seems to have the lowest price on the web.

LJB Store

I just got the invisibleShield and seems very nice but just waiting for it to dry completely. DO NOT get the AntiGlare ones, I bought the iFrogz and it sucked Really took away the beauty of the Retina display.

You can use a hair dryer to help with the drying. I used one with warm heat (not hit) and applied heat fir about one minute every 15. I was using my iPhone in two hours.

Another happy Zagg full body invisible shield user here. You can't beat it with their lifetime warranty. The package comes with a liquid spray solution and a squeegee. You wet your fingers to remove any dirt and oil and then you wet the shield before you apply it to the front and back.

LJB Store

eBay is also a good place to find them. I got my full body for $17.99 free shipping.

ZAGG front [Incipio feather back].
I had a ZAGG on the front of my 3G for 2 years and it was awesome!!
The back one tends to come unstuck at the corners after a while....

What's the purpose of wetting your fingers and the screen protector before putting it on the iphone? and if I take the screen protector off, is there any residue of some sort from the spray?

Basically it allows you to slide it around so you get it in just the right spot. Then you squeegee most of the solution out from under it so it sticks. Over a few days it completely drys. So when you want to remove it there is no residue.

(same method used on cars to apply vinyl stripes or wraps)