What's new

Best mail/contact/calendar setup

hoogie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am keen to get some advise on the best setup for mail/contacts/calendars with the iPhone and was hoping the forum may be able to help.

currently I have my iPhone synching mail to hotmail and calendars and contacts with outlook on my PC. I have since realised that this is very flawed as the synching between my iPhone and outlook is physical and requires plugging in, this also means any changes to my calendar don't synch to my iPad etc.

I want a system where I have online calendar and contacts that will synch to all my devices with no hassle and I am thinking of moving to gmail. My question is, what is the best way to migrate and set this up so that any changes I make locally in my iPhone/iPad are reflected on my online account and all also Jared devices?

Thanks for any advice

Did you ever get any responses or find the best solution to do this. I have a some what similar situation. I have a new iphone4s that is synched with my company's corporate email, calendar and contacts. I would like to get that all synched to my iPad 3.

I use Exchange and Gmail. I sync with iCal on my MacBook Pro, and the stock app on my iPhone and iPad. Make sure that you have your settings configured for each calendar and you should be OK.