What's new

Best Jailbreak Apps For 2011 - Best Cydia Apps and Best Cydia Tweaks

Here are 70 more apps you might like

[Moderator edit: Removed link that included highlighting of piracy tweaks and repos.]

I like the 3G unrestricted app the most, Best thing ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Cydia Apps and Best Cydia Tweaks
There used to be a thread but I couldn't find it. I compiled this list and wanted to share it with you all. These are the best all-around jailbreak apps you will find on Cydia that serve purpose with great funtionalities. There are some great tweaks add to this list as well.

Activator: A really useful app that you can use to completely customize how to open applications. Volume buttons can open up the camera, gestures can open up your SMS. You could also do something crazy like holding down the power button to make a call to your Mom or Dad if you'd like. You can use it to launch anything on your phone. It is your choice what functionalities your iPhone has at this point.

Backgrounder: Apple implemented a quasi-multitasking in iOS 4 that's been good enough for most. But if you still want authentic, seamless and just good ol' fashioned multitasking, Backgrounder has always been the best option.

BiteSMS: It's a significantly more powerful messaging app and includes features like smileys, privacy, scheduled SMS, passcode lock, delivery reports, signatures, and more. The star feature is Qucik Replying, as you can reply without ever getting into an app.

iBlacklist: Easily block calls and texts from people you don't know or just don't want to talk to.

Lock Calendar: For those who like useful lock screens, Lock Calendar displays your calendar on, well, your lock screen. It's reminiscent of 'Today' home pages of Blackberrys and Windows Mobile devices.

MyWi: You can turn your iPhone into a 3G hotspot without paying AT&T or Verizon another dime. Sure, there's some grey area legally speaking but you won't complain when you're using MyWi instead of paying a hotel 20 bucks a night for crappy Wi-Fi.

My3G: My3G tricks your phone into thinking it's connected to Wi-Fi when it's actually on a 3G network. So you can Facetime over 3G, run higher quality videos in certain apps and do things that are Wi-Fi restricted. Crucial.

Notified Pro: Like Mobile Notifier and Notifier+, it's a better notification system for iOS. Though soon to be obsolete when iOS 5 releases (it's nearly the same solution), it delivers non-intrusive webOS style notifications and an Android style drag-down banner.

Pocketmode: It geniusly uses your iPhone's ambient light sensor to determine where your iPhone is. So if it's in your pocket (dark), the ringer is customized to be louder than when it's on your desk (bright). And don't worry, there's a night mode to prevent it from shrieking during your sleep.

SBSettings: This is a must have if you own a jailbroken iPhone. SBSettings gives you easy access to all the settings you'd like to adjust (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Orientation Lock, etc.) by just swiping down the Status Bar. No more digging in menus! It's totally customizable and accessible from anywhere. It makes no sense that Apple hasn't done something like this yet

Springtomize: A suite of custom tools and tweaks that let you adjust your iPhone like icons, folders, status bar, lockscreen, animations, springboard and more.

uWatch: Allows you to watch over thousands of dvd movies in very high quality. A must have app if you want to catch up on all the recent movies you missed, you have tons of free time on your hands or if you just want to stream movie from this app to your TV for the whole family to enjoy.

Winterboard: This app is a must have and a classic especially if you want to customize almost everything on any iPhone. We're talking about crazy themes, wacky fonts and anything else you'd want under the sun.

5-Row Qwerty Keyboard: It adds a row for numbers on the keyboard. Definitely a time saver.

Awesome list will be checking all these apps out tonight.

• Activator
• SBsettings

I use these above. BUT, I don't have anything about bluetooth in SBsettings. And I need something to make bluetooth work with other platforms so much :(

There is a toggle that comes with SBSettings that enable you to turn Bluetooth on and off. You have to enable the toggle in the SBSettings, but it's there.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn for reply. But I think my problem is different (and it doesn't have to be posted here): The problem is, I cannot use bluetooth to transfer data among other platforms. I searched it a bit, "you have to install activation menu and then some BT app" or something like this suggestion was made, but I couldn't install either.