What's new

What is the best cydia tweak for lock apps?

Kevin Barnes

Reaction score
When I searched about this on the internet I found out a few results but I like to what is your personal experience and what is the recommendation for lock apps on the iPhone 9. I'm considering the Applocker. So I like to know is there any issues with it as your experiences.

There‘s no iPhone 9. In 2017, Apple released the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, as well as the iPhone X. Last year, the iPhone XR, XS and XS Max have been released. Which one is yours?

Whether or not you can use a jailbreak tweak, depends on the software installed on your iPhone. If it‘s up to date (iOS 12.4), it can‘t be jailbroken. There are only certain software versions that can be jailbroken.

If it‘s possible to jailbreak your device, or if it‘s already jailbroken: the Cydia Store has been shut down last year. It‘s possible that you can‘t get tweaks from there.

Applocker, the tweak you mentioned, works for iOS 6 to 10.2 only. So if you purchased your iPhone in 2017, you can‘t install it on your device. You might have to find a different one.

What exactly do you need the tweak for?

There‘s no iPhone 9. In 2017, Apple released the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, as well as the iPhone X. Last year, the iPhone XR, XS and XS Max have been released. Which one is yours?

Whether or not you can use a jailbreak tweak, depends on the software installed on your iPhone. If it‘s up to date (iOS 12.4), it can‘t be jailbroken. There are only certain software versions that can be jailbroken.

If it‘s possible to jailbreak your device, or if it‘s already jailbroken: the Cydia Store has been shut down last year. It‘s possible that you can‘t get tweaks from there.

Applocker, the tweak you mentioned, works for iOS 6 to 10.2 only. So if you purchased your iPhone in 2017, you can‘t install it on your device. You might have to find a different one.

What exactly do you need the tweak for?

OMG.yes its iPhone 8. Its jailbroken already. Thanks for the clear answer.
So there is no way to get Cydia tweaks anymore?

Saurik has shut down purchases in the Cydia Store last year. You‘ll have to find an alternative. The only one I‘m aware of right now, is Sileo.