What's new

Best Buy giving out free ZAGG invisibleSHIELDs to iPhone 4 customers

wuyanks

Super Moderator
Reaction score

If you purchased your iPhone 4 at a Best Buy retailer, it looks like you will be eligible for a free ZAGG invisibleSHIELD valued at $9.99, according to Engadget. The invisibleSHIELD is a third-party accessory similar in function to Apple's 'Bumpers', theoretically solving that nasty antenna issue. iPhone users are reporting that they are receiving notices to pick up their free invisibleSHIELDs now, and hey, who doesn't like free stuff? If you haven't received a notice, yet did purchase your iPhone at Best Buy, head down to your local store and see what the retailer will do for you. Also, it wouldn't hurt to print out the notice and bring it with you. Click the above photo for a larger version.

Has anyone received this notice yet? Let us know.

For more photos, check out here

Source: Engadget

Iv got a full body one on my phone and i still get low antenna bars.
Its a great shield and it does have a piece that covers the "death grip" spot, but i still loose bars, not reception, the same as before. Just an FYI.
But like it said, its free ;).

The free shield only covers the sides and not the front or back. That's really nice of Best Buy to provide it for free in addition to Apple's free case.

Here's a picture of it.

APLIPHONE4GBD.jpg

So, has anyone gotten their free ZAGG shield yet?

I also read in a idygest thread that even if you didnt purchase your iPhone4 at best buy BUT are a best buy rewards member, you can get the antenna shield for free.

I am a rewards zone member, but i bought the zagg maximum protection, so i dont need it. bummer

So have you had any problems with the little pieces coming off? Like between the volume buttons?

nope. in fact the side pieces were the easiest to go on and have stayed the best. the back went on fine as well, but the front is still very malleable. i can still push it around if i push pretty hard. and the edges of the front i can pull up. i may have to send the front back in. but im very impressed with the sides and back

So I went to best buy yesterday and claimed my free side shields. I didn't buy my phone from them but I am a rewards member. I have the small pieces as well and they were a pain to put in but it stayed in place. The side pieces are remarkably sticky and I don't think they'll come off by itself.

To the original poster and the one that mentioned the rewards member - Thank you for the heads up.