What's new

Beats Music iOS Integration Reportedly Pushed Back Until iOS 8.4

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
beats-music-jpg.jpg
Since the acquisition of Beats Electronics last year, Apple has been pondering what the company should do with the Beats Music streaming service. Rumors around the web point to our favorite fruit company closing the service and integrating it into the iOS Music application.

According to a new report from 9to5Mac's Apple insider Mark Gurman, the tech giant was supposed to re-release the music service via iOS update early 2015. However the merger seems to have been pushed back, "by the departures of key employees, as well as difficulties integrating Beats human and technology resources into Apple".

Some have speculated that Apple would be announcing the merger at its "Spring Forward" event next week. However, Gurman writes that the service will instead launch in beta form with iOS 8.4 and will be announced at WWDC in June. Either way, current subscribers of services like Rdio and Spotify should watch this carefully, as rumors claim Apple plans to undercut such services at an $8 price point.

As long as they don't put Beats on my phone as a permanent non deletable app, I'm OK with what they do. But if Beats is added as a perma stock app, that could be the final straw for me with Apple. I would either go to another platform or bury the app deep in a nested folder. I don't like Beats. LOL

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)