Editor in Chief
- Jul 27, 2011
- Reaction score
It's an amazing Tuesday for Apple! They just had a massive release of multiple products and more starting today. First up, Apple just launched new music related products, services and updates. Apple Music is the big launch, and it also includes a newly improved Music App. Apple Music is similar to Apple's former Beats Music. The service allows users to listen to an unlimited amount of music for $9.99 per month or $14.99 on a family plan which supports up to 6 people.
On top of Apple Music, a Beats 1 radio station comes along for the ride. Beats 1 features 24-hour live human-curated music at no added charge. It also includes Apple Music Connect which is a social networking platform for artists to interact with fans and share content.
Even for folks who aren't interested in these awesome Music services from Apple, there's still some exciting news if you own a mobile Apple device. They also launched iOS 8.4 to go with these new services. One of the main changes is the aforementioned upgrade to the Music App. The new design for the Music App includes:
- Displayed pictures of artists in the Artists view
- A new MiniPlayer with an enhanced "Now Playing" look
- Personalized playlists
- Global search capabilities to make searching in the Music App even easier
- A streamlined design for the radio to bolster music discovery
- Apple moved audiobooks from the Music app to the iBooks app
- There's also a new Audiobooks for CarPlay app, which gives drivers a standalone app dedicated to audiobooks
- Finally, all books, print, and audio can be found in one convenient spot now