What's new

Beam Me Up, iPhone 4!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

star-trek-captains-log-3.jpg

Star Trek fans, get ready to engage with a brand new official app, called Star Trek Captain's Log, that basically turns your iPhone 4 into a Star Trek-inspired Star Fleet comunicator. Fans can use the communicator app to capture voice recordings, as well as making text entries, taking photos and mapping GPS locations of their "voyages" around planet Earth. Officers can select their preferred Enterprise class level, choosing from Captain, Engineering, Science/Medical, Enterprise, or even assuming the identity of an enemy Romulan or Kingon officer.

The app, which costs $1.99, also enables the user to share their logs with their friends on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and via email, or they can choose to keep them as private personal records if they like. Although the app works with any iPhone or iPod touch device running iOS 4, it's been optimised to make the most of the iPhone 4's features, such as the front-facing camera, Retina display, multitasking and gyroscope support (showcasing a 3D model of the Starship Enterprise.)

Source: Paramount

star-trek-captains-log-1.jpg

star-trek-captains-log-2.jpg

LAME! This app would be pimp if you could take video captains logs, so as far as I'm concerned this app sucks and should be free!

LAME! This app would be pimp if you could take video captains logs, so as far as I'm concerned this app sucks and should be free!

You should post that as a suggestion in the App Store and maybe they'll add that feature... that would be cool!