What's new

Battery Question

Jossef

Reaction score
I notice that when I am charging my iPhone 4 that I can feel heat on the bottom of the phone. I am not saying that it is hot it is just warm to the touch. Is this normal or is this a problem?

iPadOne

Reaction score
I notice that when I am charging my iPhone 4 that I can feel heat on the bottom of the phone. I am not saying that it is hot it is just warm to the touch. Is this normal or is this a problem?

Hi i didn’t notice that, but i have notice when i upgrade my 3Gs to iOs4 he become really hot …

i think that really depend on temper he take but if that continue i guess you should go and exchange it

Stabicus

Reaction score
I would monitor it closely, not leave it plugged in over night (In case of fire) or until you ensure that its not anything major. Using a powerstrip or something to that effect can also help.

DannyBoy

Reaction score
My 3GS was always a "warm" charger.... I don't think it's anything to worry about unless it's so hot to the touch you can't hold it.

OP
J

Jossef

Reaction score
Mine in no way gets hot. Just a little warm. I called Apple and was told that was okay.

Thanks

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Mine seems to stay pretty cool no matter what I'm doing.

Its funny I have had 3 different 3GS phones and some ran a bit warm when charging or playing games.....and some stayed fairly cool. I guess it varies from phone to phone. Also how much your using it and how far you run it down. I find the battery gets warmer when I get below %20 but any low battery get warm when almost out....so its more of a normal battery cycle vs a "HOT" phone.

uprising95

Reaction score
yeah i would say its normal
mine was the same

fell asleep and woke up 3 hour later and the phone was cold
so it must switch of charging rather than overcharge

Most reactions

Latest posts