What's new

Battery monitoring / mainenance app question

cadman99

Reaction score
Hello and good morning. Has anyone yet installed a battery monitoring / maintenance app that they like with iOS11.2?

The last one I tried was worthless. I want one that will give me the cycle count, but you can't without JBing the phone, so no real reason to run in IMO.

The last one I tried was worthless. I want one that will give me the cycle count, but you can't without JBing the phone, so no real reason to run in IMO.
I'm sure that Apple could build the ability to see the battery cycle count into iOS if they wanted to as it's been a feature of macOS for years and iOS was developed from macOS.

I'm sure that Apple could build the ability to see the battery cycle count into iOS if they wanted to as it's been a feature of macOS for years and iOS was developed from macOS.

I'm sure Apple already internally monitors the number of battery cycles for battery issue claims. Otherwise how can they determine if a battery at 80% is from use or failure.

Oh it's there. They just don't allow access to it without jailbreak.