What's new

Battery life

markieboy85

Reaction score
Hi any ideas for extending battery life I was wondering weather or not I should buy a new one where's the best place to get one and how much?

There are many, many different angles on what will conserve the battery of your iDevice. However, it's quite difficult to put your finger one one (or even five) things that will definitively save your iPhone's battery. Either way, if your iPhone's batter is not lasting you at least your entire business day w/ moderate useage... it's probably time to replace the battery. Price will depend on what iPhone you're using.

Hi I'm using an iPhone4 had it about a year really worried about damaging it if I get a new battery?

Hi I'm using an iPhone4 had it about a year really worried about damaging it if I get a new battery?
The iPhone 4 battery is actually quite easy to replace... no where near as hard as the 3G & 3GS iPhones were. LOL!! Take a look at this and see what you think. Installing iPhone 4 Battery - iFixit. As well... a OEM replacement batter w/ warranty from iFixit.com will run you about $25 +shipping.

Last edited:
The iPhone 4 batter is actually quite easy to replace... no where near as hard as the 3G & 3GS iPhones were. LOL!! Take a look at this and see what you think. Installing iPhone 4 Battery - iFixit. As well... a OEM replacement batter w/ warranty from iFixit.com will run you about $25 +shipping.

Thank you for this link! Just finished watching the vid and I might have to order both a new battery and some of your tools, especially the liberator ones. LOL

~Kerri

Thomasjtsi said:
The iPhone 4 batter is actually quite easy to replace... no where near as hard as the 3G & 3GS iPhones were. LOL!! Take a look at this and see what you think. Installing iPhone 4 Battery - iFixit. As well... a OEM replacement batter w/ warranty from iFixit.com will run you about $25 +shipping.

Thanks for that! I has no idea it was that easy to replace the battery.

Does this also work for the iphone 4s? Thank you!
The process is identical... but here's a link for the 4S battery removeal.
smile.gif
Installing iPhone 4S Battery - iFixit

The process is identical... but here's a link for the 4S battery removeal.
smile.gif
Installing iPhone 4S Battery - iFixit

Thank you very much!!! You never know when you're going to need this type of info and I use my phone constantly so I'm sure I'll need to do this at some point. Where do you get the replacement batteries? same website? Are there upgrades to the batteries so they last a little longer?

Thanks for all your help!
Nancy

Thank you very much!!! You never know when you're going to need this type of info and I use my phone constantly so I'm sure I'll need to do this at some point. Where do you get the replacement batteries? same website? Are there upgrades to the batteries so they last a little longer?
Very welcome Nancy!! I always recommend that our users purchase OEM replacement parts for their iDevices. Sometimes I feel like I'm over-advertising for iFixit.com but, their products have ALWAYS worked for me when using them. As well as their replacement parts coming w/ a 6 months warranty. Here's a link... iPhone 4S Replacement Battery (616-0580) - iFixit