What's new

New to the forum and the iPhone...

oregonboas

Reaction score
So, I have been a droid guy for years and finally decided to give the iPhone a shot. I now have an iPad and will be getting an iMac in the next few weeks. I was reluctant to switch mainly because of the battery life issue, and not being able to swap out batteries or add an extended life battery. With the battery cases out now, I pulled the trigger on a 32 GB 4s on Verizon.

So far, I really notice the lack of 4G speed. I can deal with that. There are a few other little bugs I need to figure out. I will do some looking here, but if you happen to have a link, feel free to share.

Why do my sms messages show as mms messages? (people without a smartphone can't see a photo to open)

Welcome to the forum!

You will notice with apple they usually take much longer then any other cell phone company to add these features but when they do add them they usually do a better job then the rest.. 9 times out of 10 I would say.

4G speeds being one of them but I would say most countries/states dont have 4G speeds yet but hopefully with the next iphone we will see 4G speeds and more unlimited data plans being offered.

they show as mms? how do you mean? showing as little bubbles on your screen?

Welcome, I was a droid guy also. So far I am really glad I made the switch! There are a few things I miss, but the 4s makes up for that.

Sent from my refrigerator, cause I'm hungry.🀄

Thanks for the responses.

Welcome to the forum!

You will notice with apple they usually take much longer then any other cell phone company to add these features but when they do add them they usually do a better job then the rest.. 9 times out of 10 I would say.

4G speeds being one of them but I would say most countries/states dont have 4G speeds yet but hopefully with the next iphone we will see 4G speeds and more unlimited data plans being offered.

they show as mms? how do you mean? showing as little bubbles on your screen?

I was sent an mms (pic message) when i replied to that message, it showed up on her phone as an mms, but obviously with no pic in it... I have seen this from time to time with my droid, when a buddy who was an iPhone user sent responses to pics i sent him. Any ideas?

try create a new message maybe see if that makes a difference or save the photo she sent and then delete the msg