What's new

Battery chargers

lizziejaneh

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations on extending my 4s battery life. Should i buy another battery and keep as spare, is it easy to change the battery? Or is there a way to charge the battery 'on the move' ?

You can get another battery and keep it as a spare, but by the time you actually take the battery out and put the other battery in, you might as well wait for your phone to charge through the outlet. Buy a battery case instead. More practical and doesn't void your warranty if you're still on one.

Is a battery case better than an external battery pack? How does the battery case work?

The battery case is basically a case with a thick back that holds the battery, and there's a switch to turn the case on so that it charges your battery. As opposed to battery packs, they're more portable since it basically tethers and protects your phone so you don't have to bring a cable and the external pack. Battery packs often times hold more charge, but at the cost of having to bring it around in a bag or carried around in another pocket. Most battery packs will give you about a 180-200% charge, but battery cases give anywhere from 70-150% depending on the battery case.

You can check out one of the more popular battery cases for the iPhone here

Here are some live images as opposed to generated images on the site

ynyjyquq.jpg

arytygun.jpg

yvy3adyb.jpg

vaqu7ybu.jpg

e5y6a5y5.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much, you've been most helpful. I will look into both options further.