What's new

battery life

whoisthis

Reaction score
My iphone 4 drains battery..-_-
Everynight i set the alarm and turn the screen off. The next day, I have 83% battery life from 100%. Is this normal?
ALso, I was calling for 30 mins, and about 15% went down. I don't think this is normal..
I turned off the notification and brightness is not high.
What should i do?

You need to charge your phone all night. It's not a razor that can last a few days before needing a charge. Depending on what you are doing on your phone it can be normal to lose 15% over a few hours. Also seems to drain faster once you get below 35%.

The new Iphone 4 battery has longer life,but I 'm still not satisfied :( I want to play all thay with my iphone wihout the need of recharging:)

i do recharge it all they. But is it normal for the iphone to drain batter 20% overnight just letting it sit there doing nothing?

I leave mine plugged in all night. A couple mornings I woke up and it was at like 85%, I can only guess why that is. I am happy with the battery life but it doesn't last very long in standby. Not like other phones I have. Not that big of a deal to me tho.

i do recharge it all they. But is it normal for the iphone to drain batter 20% overnight just letting it sit there doing nothing?

Yes, it is normal. I would like it to be better but for a mobile computer.... I can live with it! Much improved over the 3G!

i can see how 3g was.-_-

Does it matter if i charge the battery when it's not below 20%? Some batteries lose their life span if charged so often even though it doesn't need to be.

Last edited:
I can play around with my phone for about 8,5 hours before its down to zero. Theres gotta be something wrong with yours

no it's not normal. Mine loses 1% every 6 hours or so in standby.

3g on
wifi on
push and fetch off
screen 50%

heres my latest

40be4461.jpg

no it's not normal. Mine loses 1% every 6 hours or so in standby.

3g on
wifi on
push and fetch off
screen 50%

heres my latest

40be4461.jpg

NICE!!

That's almost 3 full days on one single charge.

I got up to a day and a half on standby but with twice as much usage. We should run a competition to see who can get the most life out of their iPhone's battery!

I'll check how long it lasts today. Currently, 1) Push is on 2) WIfi off because i don't know how to use that 3) little less than 50% 4) auto brightness off 5) notification off

Screen may be turned off but if the alarm is set that's one additional program running in the background that will consume energy. Also, unless you turn off your email auto check your phone will be checking for new emails based on your settings. I don't really pay attention to battery consumption overnight but in my opinion what you are experiencing is normal.

Mine loses about 2% to 3% overnight on a 100% charge. However, I don't use the alarm clock function. I will have to turn that on and see if it changes.

Just got my iPhone 4 last week. I noticed the battery drained out pretty fast within a day, almost like the 3Gs.