What's new

Battery fault ?

Aung Win Htut

Reaction score
Hi ,

I am very new to ios . I just bought iphone 5s from a local shop .

Problem is my battery drain too fast and i hear a news that there are some 5s that have battery fault and apple will change them .

I want to know , Is my phone including in that list ? How do I know ?

Help me please .. ( sorry for br bad english )

Aung

I am from Myanmar and there is No apple Store in our Contry .

It's my First iphone and I don't want to feel like it's the waste of the money . It's over (US $ 1000 ) in Myanmar .
And How do i call to apple ? Can I call from Myanmar ?

There is a Authorized reseller mDrive . Here is the link https://locate.apple.com/mm/en/sales/?pt=all&lat=16.8&lon=96.14999999999998

External Social Media Link Removed

I went to that shop and they told they are not doing servises .. Just selling things only ....

I don't want to ruin my first iphone ..

Aung

Last edited by a moderator:
I am from Myanmar and there is No apple Store in our Contry .

It's my First iphone and I don't want to feel like it's the waste of the money . It's over (US $ 1000 ) in Myanmar .
And How do i call to apple ? Can I call from Myanmar ?

There is a Authorized reseller mDrive . Here is the link https://locate.apple.com/mm/en/sales/?pt=all&lat=16.8&lon=96.14999999999998

I went to that shop and they told they are not doing servises .. Just selling things only ....

I don't want to ruin my first iphone ..

Aung
Go to the Apple website and then contact support. Apple offers worldwide support. Just give your phone number there and you get a call within 2-3 minutes! Not joking! Try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

I connect to Apple support and i tried for live chat . I told my serial number and they say My phone is not in that batch No ...

Phew .. Now I can use my Phone without any doubt . For the battery draining , i think it's my fault that i use too may apps in background . Apple tech-support gimme some advice and i change some of my settings ..

And it's going well ..

Thanks All ..

I think you have to visit Apple customer care store about the issue.. I don't think so that Apple company forward their faulted stuff in market.
May be it's because of over charging...

Had a similar problem. Battery not lasting as long as it should.

One thing I immediately noticed is the location icon constantly showing up when I'm not even using an app, just looking at the home screen. No apps in running in the background.

Went into the settings and with a fine tooth comb disabled many options that use location services even when the app is closed and not loaded.

If an app uses location services that only use cellular tower triangulation, battery level will not suffer much. However is the GPS is used to get your location, the GPS drags the battery down fast.

In a half hour period, the location icon would turn on and off 22 times. No apps running or running in the background.

With ios7, apps that are NOT even loaded can still drain the battery. These apps can be turned off in the settings to prevent them from operating when not loaded. I just turned off "Background App Refresh".

Hope this makes sense and helps.

If your battery condition is awful then contact to the Apple store & solve it.

-Bluetooth off till needed
-notification alerts off unless needed example: redbox, Netflix, YouTube, etc.
-Airdrop off
-Settings> general> reduce motion on ( This also speeds up the phone)
-Brightness turned to halfway ( Auto-brightness off)