What's new

Problem with charging iPhone 5s

finn_haack

Reaction score
Hello,
first of all I´d like to say sorry if I have any writing mistakes. English isn´t my first language.

So, I have a problem with charging my iPhone 5s.
While charging my iPhone just stays on the battery same level. The battery power isn´t getting less or more.
I already replaced the lightening-dock and the battery, also I resettet it, but the problem is still here.
I hope you can help me :)
Greetings from Germany Finn_haack

Welcome to iPhone Forums from an Austrian member! :)

When you said you reset it, how did you do it? Did you just restart it (turn it off and on again)?
Here's the reset you should give a try, in case you haven't done this yet:
Press and hold Home and Power button at the same time, until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it appears, let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

If this doesn't help, take a look at your cable. If you find any damage, it's most likely the reason for your problem. Try a different cable, if possible, and try a different charger as well. Plug it into a different wall outlet to charge it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the fast reply :)
I already tried this sort of reset but this is not the problem.
I even deleted all datas but this did not work, too.
I tried about 4 different cabels/charger and wall outlets so there can't be the mistake.
I will describe my problem in german so maybe you can understand me better.
So :) Also das Problem liegt darin, dass, wenn ich mein Handy aufladen will, sich die Batterie nicht mit Strom füllt, sonder einfach konstant auf dem selben Level bleibt. Ich habe zurzeit 30 % und wenn ich das Handy aufladen will, bleibt es eben bei dieses 30% und es wird einfach nicht mehr. Natürlich nimmt die Ladung aber ab wenn es nicht mit Strom verbunden ist.
Ich habe zuerst gedacht, dass das am Akku oder sogar am Lightening Dock liegen könnte und habe deshalb alles ausgetauscht.
Zusätzlich habe ich das iPhone auf Werkseinstellungen zurück gesetzt, die aber auch ohne Erfolg.

Die einzigste Möglichkeit die ich zurzeit habe um den Akku aufzuladen ist, ihn in mein zweites iPhone 5s einzubauen und so zu laden...
Ich bin momentan echt am verzweifeln weil ich nicht weiss, was ich machen soll.Ich habe noch nirgendwo anderes von diesen Problem gelesen
Einen Software Fehler schliesse ich aus, und ich vermute, dass irgendein Hardware teil beschädigt ist, welches die Verbindung vom Auflagekabel zum Akku herstellt.... Da aber aus dem Akku nur ein Kabel rauskommt und vom Lightning dock auch nur ein Kabel mit dem rest vom Handy verbunden ist ( ausser die Antennen) , vermute ich, dass der Fehler irgendwo dort dazwischen liegen muss.

Ich hoffe, dass mir hier jemand helfen kann und entschuldige mich schonmal dafür, dass ich hier jetzt deutsch geschrieben habe.
//
I hope that somebody can help me and I apologize for using the german language to describe my problem in detail. In the first text I also described this in english.

Thanks finn_haack

The lightning port isn't connected to the battery directly. It's connected to the logic board. And logic board and software determine together whether or not your battery has to be charged. In most cases, it's the software that's causing a problem like the one you described. Setting back the iPhone to default wouldn't help in that case, but a reset, as described in my post above, might help with a software glitch.

It's really interesting that the battery charges when you put it into the other iPhone 5s, but not in the one you described at first. Do you have two identical devices?

As you've changed the port, I'd expect it to be clean, but take a look at it anyway. Use a flashlight to inspect it. If there's any debris, remove it with a toothbrush you've never used before, and do so very cautiously.

Last edited:
Ok so I will try to reset my iPhone in the way you described it.

I own to IPhones 5s. One in black and one and white. I have no problems with the black one but the white one is really stressing me.

The Port is clean, so this can't be the reason.

I forgot to say that while charging the iPhone even shows this. I mean there is this little thunder next to the battery

I hope resetting will help.

It could also be possible that the battery statistics have to be recalibrated. Use your iPhone until it switches off by itself, then charge it completely. Wait for one or two more hours when it's fully charged. Then unplug it and reset it, using Home and Power button.

First of all resetting haven't helped me.

I can't try your second hint, because I can´t load my phone until its full because of the problem I have. Exactly this is my problem.
//
Mein handy kann eben nicht aufladen. Beim aufladen verändert sich der Ladestatus der Batterie nicht (nach paar Stunden am Kabel wird er sogar geringer, und dies alles obwohl angezeigt wird dass geladen wird.Es kommen auch keine Fehlermeldungen ....

You'd have to let it discharge first, until it turns off.

Your descriptions in German are more precise than those in English. If possible, post in English. Maybe someone else can give better advice. Most of the members of this forum don't understand German, and a translator (app) doesn't give accurate results, mostly.