What's new

Battery drain after jailbreak

ladyzr

Reaction score
My battery drops about 1% every 5 minutes even when it's not in use. I use sbsettings to end all processes and it still drains very quickly. Is there anything I can do.

Sounds like you have done almost everything... Winter board with complex themes can drain it too. You might just try removing things one by one and see if you can find one that is draining it.

Thanks Danny I installed several themes. Should I uninstall the ones I'm not using or do they not have an affect if they aren't in use.

More than likely it's just the one your running that is using the battery. Just a push pull with the jailbreak....your battery won't last nearly as long. Try out some other themes maby they will be a bit more efficient.

I had a battery drain problem all of the sudden, it turned out to be an app, I had for a while, just did an update. DataMan has been deleted. No more drain. I noticed it when I closed all apps, and put it to sleep for the night, and in the morning I found DataMan running and battery level down 40%. Tried closing it several times, and when I opened it up again, there it was running again.

If your unlocked then you might want to try this from the Dev team blog...

Developer @sbingner (author of TetherMe) has made some excellent progress devising a new hactivation method that kills two birds with one stone for all you ultrasn0w unlockers. *His tool, “Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)” tricks your iPhone and iTunes into creating legitimate activation tickets even though you’re unlocked with ultrasn0w. *This means you get the full benefit of push applications, and your battery life increases substantially. *If you’d like to try it out, check out Subscriber Artificial Module

If your unlocked then you might want to try this from the Dev team blog...

Developer @sbingner (author of TetherMe) has made some excellent progress devising a new hactivation method that kills two birds with one stone for all you ultrasn0w unlockers. *His tool, “Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)” tricks your iPhone and iTunes into creating legitimate activation tickets even though you’re unlocked with ultrasn0w. *This means you get the full benefit of push applications, and your battery life increases substantially. *If you’d like to try it out, check out Subscriber Artificial Module

I wonder if this would get Facetime working again???

I don't have a problem with FaceTime. I don't use ultrasnow however...