What's new

Backing up to iCloud

Mark12345

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to the iPhone forum. Here is my problem. My son dropped his iPhone 4S and it will not connect to the wifi. We bought a new iPhone 4S (we had insurance) but I can't back up his music, apps, etc., to the iCloud because it requires wifi access so I can't migrate it to the new phone. Any suggestions on how I can do this when his old phone won't connect to the wifi? I'm not skilled enough to repair the antenna myself. Thanks.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, I'm Jon.

Back it up to a computer instead. Plug the phone into a computer, log in with the Apple ID that's on his phone, and perform a backup in the profile of your device. For the option of "Backup to:" change it from iCloud to My Computer. Once the phone's replaced, plug it into the same computer, and restore that backup.

Backing up to a computer is often times faster since you're doing it via hardwire, so your transfer speeds are consistent, and if there's a lot of data on his phone, it can take ages to backup to iCloud if your speeds aren't that great