What's new

Icloud back up?

Soxty7flh

Reaction score
It says this all the time..."iCloud backup hasn't been done in a long time phone has to be locked and plugged in and on wifi
Well it is every night all that. I checked and ICloud is definetly on. I am questions wifi now... Does it turn off ya think when locked?

When your iPhone is plugged in and put into sleep mode, Wifi will still keep on running since it's not conserving battery since it has a source. Did you try manually back it up to iCloud?

I "looked" for "how" but couldn't see it! Guess I am flunking out of iOS 101 huh!

If you have an iCloud account and connection to wi fi on your phone there is no need for iTunes to be running to back up to the cloud. Just go to Settings > iCloud and find this $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353646961.086945.jpg
The first time you back up may take a while but after that it is set and forget

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Sorry, I was under the impression that iTunes communicated with the cloud and the phone communicated with iTunes. I know that it can be done that way, if you're have problems communicating with the cloud.

Sorry, I was under the impression that iTunes communicated with the cloud and the phone communicated with iTunes. I know that it can be done that way, if you're have problems communicating with the cloud.

Nope. For what the op asked, you don't even need your PC running let alone iTunes. Just leave your router going, ( if that's where you get your wi fi from), and it is all automatic when set up as I show in my screenshot.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk