What's new

Auto Lock iphone4 problem

anucksonamoun

Reaction score
I have a problem with iphone 4 ...it didnt make the auto lock which happen when we put the phone on the ear .... with my iphone 3G it wasnt happening ..so plz help meeeeeeee ....and tell me how i can fix this problem..it did a mess while i am talking to someone ...

Make sure you are updated to the latest firmware 4.2 thru iTunes. Also, it doesnt lock it just turns the screen off and turns it back on when you take it away from your ear.

Make sure you are updated to the latest firmware 4.2 thru iTunes. Also, it doesnt lock it just turns the screen off and turns it back on when you take it away from your ear.

Hi, my wife's Iphone4 had the same problem. While talking on the phone the screen will become active by itself and she will accidentally touch the facetime, mute or other buttons. I have updated to 4.2.1 iOS but the problem still persist.

Any one can help and any other solutions?:confused:

I think he is saying the lock "comes on" while talking. You can change the time settings in settings>general>Auto Lock.
1-5 minutes or never.

I think he is saying the lock "comes on" while talking. You can change the time settings in settings>general>Auto Lock.
1-5 minutes or never.

Thanks, I have found out that it could be the proximity sensor issue.

1-5 minutes or never.

what u mean by the proximity sensor ...does that mean i v to go to the store to check it or what!!!

1-5 minutes or never.

what u mean by the proximity sensor ...does that mean i v to go to the store to check it or what!!!

U can bring it to the store to have it check out, but if you constantly have the issue of the screen become active while you are on the phone, it could pretty much be the proximity sensor issues. Some people in the forum informed that a jailbroken phone with proximity sensor issue can be overcome by installing a program (can't remember the prog name, sorry)