What's new

Auto connect to car radio

Bertus

Reaction score
New iPhone user here. On my old phone (Android) I had an app that automatically connected with the car radio as soon as I started the car. My question is: Is this possible with an iPhone?

I did pair the radio via Bluetooth (and via a cable) but at the moment I'm only able to play music after I started the car, then turn on the music and thirdly tap in the Bluetooth tab in Settings.

Is there an easier way to get this done?

New iPhone user here. On my old phone (Android) I had an app that automatically connected with the car radio as soon as I started the car. My question is: Is this possible with an iPhone?

I did pair the radio via Bluetooth (and via a cable) but at the moment I'm only able to play music after I started the car, then turn on the music and thirdly tap in the Bluetooth tab in Settings.

Is there an easier way to get this done?
It rather depends on whether your car has Apple CarPlay fitted and activated or not.

Alas, no CarPlay - it's an old car so the only way to connect is via Bluetooth.

Strange thing is that the car radio is in the list of connected Bluetooth devices on my iPhone but it doesn't physically connect when the radio is turned on.

You're ahead of me, I'm still using my iPhone 6 in my car for music, although not as phone. I've been through the ar mains a number of times without success. When we bought our car our seaman hooked up the phone for us. He said customers never figured it out. I've become one of those customers.